Business Advisory Group members 2016
Yarra Council welcomes six new members to the Business Advisory Group (BAG):
- Saba Alemayoh, Saba's Ethiopian Restaurant
- Chris Brown, IKEA Richmond
- Arthur Keramitsis, Keramitsis & Co
- David Lawson, Compumedics
- Zowie Minchin, Frank Wild
- Shini Pararajasingham, Off the Kerb Gallery
- Dr John Ballard, Australian Catholic University
- Robert Blair, Rbi Architects
- Nikki Calcraft, Eternal Events
- Matthew Gould, Economic Development Professional
- Hershel Landes, Landes Clothing
- Paul Murphy, Quest Abbotsford
- Gary Wertheimer, GIW Environmental Solutions
- Louis Raunik, Icon Construction
- Paul Singh, ACSO
- Malcolm Wells, Epworth Healthcare
The BAG provides strategic advice to Council on issues that affect the business community.
The aims of the BAG include:
- Capitalising on the knowledge, experience and skill available in Yarra's large and dynamic local business community to assist Council with the implementation of the objectives in the Yarra Economic Development Strategy
- Raising the profile of the business community in Council activities and planning to support the significant contribution made to our local economy
- Ensuring that a key sector of the community is provided with an appropriate communication mechanism with Council; and
- Providing strategic advice to Council on issues that affect the business community.
Councillor representatives include:
- Cr Roberto Colanzi (Mayor)
- Cr Phillip Vlahogiannis
- Cr Simon Huggins
Yarra Business Wins Double Award!
Compumedics wins two Awards!
Compumedics wins 2015 NBAA Business of the Year as well as Export Award!
On Thursday 3 December, Melbourne's northern businesses, educational institutes, local government and community gathered in anticipation of the announcement of the winners of the Northern Business Achievement Awards for 2015.
The 2015 Business of the Year Award sponsored by the Victorian Government was awarded to Compumedics, for business excellence across all areas of operations. They also received the Export Award, sponsored by Northlink.
Compumedics Executive Director, David Lawson said 'Compumedics is truly honored to receive this award, as it is recognition of the enormous effort and dedication from all who work at Compumedics including our supplier and services networks, to create a world leading, innovative, export business. We are proud to receive it and will continue our journey to grow the business into the future.'